The groundbreaking model F (1960) had a reliable vertically running, metal bladed Hi Synchro shutter with the fastest speed of 1/2000 sec., while most cameras of that time could only offer speeds no faster than 1/500 sec. (1/1000 sec. with premium cameras). In addition, the camera was equipped with a quick-return mirror, window exposure meter, and automatic aperture support. It was also the only Konica SLR with an interchangeable viewfinder.
Model FS (1962) also received a Hi Synchro shutter, but its top speed was reduced to 1/1000 sec., and there was no window exposure meter.
The FP (1963) and FM (1965) models were equipped with a Copal shutter with speeds up to 1/1000 sec. FM, unlike FP, had a window exposure meter.
A small line of Hexanon lenses with first generation bayonet mount and focal lengths ranging from 35 to 800mm was released for the system.