Alternative lenses are those with close focal lengths and similar speed. A list of alternative lenses is displayed at the very bottom of each lens page. If the lens has a standard focal length and speed, and the system lineup is quite large, then you will see many options in this list. If the lens is unique and/or the system lineup is narrow, then most likely there will be no alternatives.
We managed to improve the list of alternative lenses! Starting from today, the list for prime lenses includes not only other similar prime lenses, but also zooms! Of course, this is not about any zoom lenses, but only about those whose focal range includes the desired focal length and speed.
For the Canon EF 40mm F/2.8 STM lens, the list now includes not only:
- Sigma 40mm F/1.4 DG HSM | A,
- Canon EF 35mm F/2 IS USM,
- and other similar prime lenses,
- Canon EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM,
- Sigma 24-70mm F/2.8 DG OS HSM | A,
- and other zoom lenses with focal range which includes focal length of 40mm, and with speed no slower than 2.8.