- Large metal lens barrel provides smooth operation of all controls and an assurance that the precise and accurate alignment of all lens elements is maintained.
- Every lens element is manufactured, multicoated, and assembled to a degree of precision other manufacturers use for critical scientific instruments only.
- Performance data are not factory secrets. The sharpness, acutance, and distortion for all Carl Zeiss lenses are documented, readily available, and guaranteed.
- Standardized 60mm filter and lens accessories mount on all lenses from 50 to 250mm focal length and SWC/M. Standardized 93mm filter and lens accessory mount on 40, 350, and 550mm
- Most modern shutter design developed through close cooperation between Hasselblad, Zeiss, and Prontor.
- The size of the shutter is matched to each lens for greatest accuracy and efficiency at all apertures and shutter speeds.
- CF lens operating controls are matched to those on F lenses.
- Accuracy and life expectancy further improved with large mainspring (used in the space taken up by the selftimer in C lenses).
- Aperture and shutter speed can be set independently for complete creative control or interlocked so either the aperture or the shutter speed sets itself automatically when the other is changed.
- "F" lens setting maintains the 2000 FC's instant return mirror benefits.
- Practical manual diaphragm stop down control.
- All shutter speeds up to 1/500 sec. synchronized automatically for electronic flash.
Source: "Hasselblad lenses. The sharpest edge in professional photography".